I have strong design, web production, art direction and team management capabilities. I have over 10 years of experience specializing in brand identity, creating dynamic websites and marketing campaigns that generate high click-through and conversion rates. In addition, I’ve created scalable production-structure system for start-up companies. My interests also extend to projects that involve brand identity, concept, strategy, international localization and production management.
Versatile and intuitive designer with proven record of building responsive websites with CMS and highly effective dynamic digital media. Effective at managing multiple assignments under extreme pressure while meeting tight deadlines. Exceptionally skilled at maximizing profits while working within limited marketing budgets. Specializes in identifying marketing campaign needs and offering practical short-term and long-term design solutions.
• Designing pixel-perfect visual designs for interface elements in accordance with brand guidelines; producing storyboards, wireframes, and visual mockups into prototypes.
• Expertise in building high-CTR and high-conversion-rate marketing assets, including email newsletters, banner ads, landing pages, site takeovers, and paid social channel assets.
• Ability to fully utilize responsive Bootstrap grid system and WordPress CMS.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and design ideas with flexibility and practicality.
• Solid understanding of information architecture, prototype development, and content organization.
• Experience collaborating with project manager, product marketing managers, designers and developer.
• Expert software knowledge in Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, 3DS MAX, Maya, and After Effects.
• Ability to build a design team from scratch and maintain team-spirited environment through positive and proactive leadership style.
Senior Visual Designer
Hear.com, San Francisco, CA Oct 2018 – Present
• Work as an integral member of a high-performing marketing team to create and develop online marketing campaigns from concept through execution.
• Partner closely with channel owners to build a consistent end-to-end brand experience across marketing touch-points and mediums.
• Create consistent visual stories that run from eye-grabbing online ad creatives through compelling landing pages.
• Develop iterative approach to creative to cultivate testing culture for creative assets to drive performance
• Develop visual creative material for all our online marketing channels (display, paid social, native, affiliate, email, etc.).
Marketing Graphic Designer
KIXEYE, San Francisco, CA March 2013 – August 2018
• Worked with team to discuss needs and objectives and to develop KIXEYE marketing assets, including static and Flash banner ads, mobile ads, landing pages, and email newsletters.
• Designed and created a variety of KIXEYE websites using Grid and CMS system.
• Produced designs for both internal and external communications.
• Designed and developed KIXEYE game concept art.
• Integrated design projects across both online and offline outputs and developed images and banners for various social sites.
• Successfully designed, developed and launched major websites.
Creative Services Manager
ChangYou (US) Inc., Santa Clara, CA October 2009 – March 2013
• Created look-and-feel for sites from conception and mood boards to final flowcharts and project schedules.
• Designed and developed ad banners, skins, and landing pages for marketing department.
• Wrote design and project documentation, including requirements and design documents, layouts, and visual design guidelines.
• Built a marketing design team from scratch.
• Led and mentored team containing video artist, web developers, and web designer.
Perfect World Entertainment, Redwood Shore, CA November 2008 – October 2009
• Designed and developed site UI, graphics, and Flash components for websites.
• Created cutting-edge, interactive ad banners and Flash components for marketing campaign.
Flash Web Designer
GoFish, San Francisco, CA August 2008 – October 2008
• Maintained responsibility for corporation sales campaign, promotional micro site, and development of Flash game.
• Maintained and developed Internet and intranet for various company websites utilizing HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Flash.
• Designed and developed user-friendly interfaces for web-driven e-mail and multimedia systems.
• Performed validation of completed websites which included testing of coding as well as debugging.
• Designed and created graphics such as logos and icons using Photoshop and Fireworks.
Graphic Web Designer
IMVU, Palo Alto, CA January 2008 – July 2008
• Created innovative design packages to elevate and differentiate between branding and marketing and advertising initiatives.
• Established marketing and design vision, scopes of work, budgets, and timeframes for deliverables.
• Designed Flash banners for acquisition programs and produced website templates, graphics, and individual web components.
• Designed graphical materials and emails, and produced static web pages.
• Managed website look-and-feel, user interfaces, and Flash components.
• Built websites in HTML/CSS/PHP environment and maintained existing and future websites.
Lead Web Designer
Connexus, Mountain View, November 2005 – January 2008
• Led design activities for team of in-house and off-shore designers.
• Researched and developed new techniques and approaches toward marketing online.
• Designed promotional websites; developed banner games, landing pages, ad banners, and emails for marketing campaigns; produced original illustrations for online segments.
• Analyzed campaign/creative performance and optimized for increased conversion.
• Worked with product managers to develop design concepts and project schedule.
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
Master of Fine Art, Computer Arts – New Media, May 2005
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Fine Art, Electronic Imaging, December 2001